Öhlins Piggyback Rear Shocks Indian Scout 15+
Ohlins IN524 S36PR1C1L Shock Absorber for Scout 15-17
* Picture is only a representation. Actual product may vary
Many riders ask us if an Ohlins Shock upgrade is worth it. The answer is YES. If you want to feel the road through a velvet glove and have your bike inspire confidence you didn’t know you had, then an Ohlins shock is the answer. Suspension is such an important part of the motorcycle that many fast riders buy a suspension upgrade before anything else. It will improve your riding experience and let you ride faster and smoother while being more controlled.
There’s a reason Ohlins suspension is used on so many winning motorcycle on circuits around the world. With such a wide reach, Ohlins is able to gather an incredible amount of test data to bring you the very best performance money can buy. Any company can claim to have the best suspension for your motorcycle but thousands of hours of research and development from race teams across the globe is hard to compete with. After all, MotoGP riders use Ohlins.
When you purchase your Ohlins shock from us, please remember to pass along your weight and type of riding you do so we may set up the shock to work best for your motorcycle including installing the proper spring. These options should be available above. Please fill out this section prior to adding the Ohlins shock to your shopping cart. Fine tuning is recommended by a suspension tech once the shock is installed.
* The culmination of three decades of world championship roadracing and more than 100 World titles.
* Features high- and low-speed compression and rebound damping; all settings are independent.
* This allows a huge range of adjustments with equal increments of force throughout the adjustment settings range - even the shape of the damping curve can be changed to suit all types of tracks and conditions.
* All preload and rebound adjustment changes affect the flow of damping oil from the piston, not the shock piston rod or oil displacement volume.
* Compression damping forces are unique - unlike a conventional shock, compression is not caused by a drop in pressure on the rebound side of the piston; instead, it is caused by an increase in pressure on the compression side.
* This reduces cavitation and makes high gas pressure in the shock reservoir unnecessary, keeping internal pressures in the shock unit a minimum.
* The low amount of internal pressure results in excellent suspension response even with a short stoke/high force acting on the shock.
* Piggyback-type shock reservoir gives improved cooling to the shock oil for more consistent damping and long damper life.
* Integrated remote hydraulic spring preload adjuster.
* 36mm shock piston.
* Length:319; Stroke:82.
* Ohlins Letter Code System:
S - Single Tube Design
T - Twin Tube Design
36,39,44,46,50,etc. - Piston diameter in mm.
E - Emulsion type
D - Monotube high pressure gas type with internal reservoir in main body
P - Montotube high pressure gas type with external "piggy back" reservoir
H - Monotube high pressure gas type, hose mounted external reservoir
K - Emulsion type for cruiser bikes
Q1 - Progressive damping with two pistons
W - Delivered without spring
C1 - Adjustable compression damping. Adjuster on reservoir
C2 - Adjustable high & low speed compression damping.
C4 - Electronically controlled (EC) compression damping
R1 - Adjustable rebound damping. Adjuster wheel on end-eye
R1 - Adjustable rebound with adjuster on the reservoir
R4 - Electronically controlled (EC) rebound damping adjuster
S - Hose mounted hydraulic spring preload adjuster
S1 - Electronically controlled (EC) hydraulic preload adjuster
B - Integrated hydraulic spring preload adjuster.
L - Adjustable length